5/8/09

wHaT a WeeKeND!!!

So this officially had to be one of the craziest weekends I have had in a while. While packing for the show (Poplar Place) I got a call Thursday night from a lady in GA that was interested in buying Hilmi and wanted to see him; therefor, I had to unload things in my trailer and make room for him.
I picked up Kelly and her enormous horse (18'2hh) Bella in AL after getting a late start Friday morning, due to the extra horse and a dead truck battery. So my poor truck and breaks amazingly got us to Poplar in one peice; although, there w
ere some close calls, in which I thought for sure Bella was going to have to get out and pull us up the hill;)
I showed Hilmi to Sally and she liked him, rode him, paid me, and loaded him up, I wish all horse sales were that easy!
I rode bright and early Sat morning 8am and sense I was too tired to braid the night before I was up at the crack of dawn Saturday morning. Stressed for time I got all tense and started off the weekend with Tainy and I having a horrendous dressage test leaving us in 8th place ugh! Not to worry though cause Indy still had her chance and scored my lowest dressage score ever of a 22.0 and of course Miss Ame
rica was in first place after that ride. They both had 1 rail in SJ moving Indy down to 2nd and Tainy stayed in 8th, but I was pleased with the rides non the less. Sunday was Cross Country and Tainy and I headed out at 9 in the morning to finish the show off with a stop at the coffin combination (rider error, collected her too much and forgot to kick and say GO and the same time:( Unfortunately that finished Tainys weekend up with 10th place . But Ashley's camera caught a stellar sequence of Tainy and I through the Preliminary water.








Indy of course zoomed around cross country
like an old pro (she could teach her mom a thing or two) and bumped us back up to 1st winning once again! Giles was there riding Indy's nephew at his first show and she took 2nd in the BN division which was quite exciting as well! It runs in the family the whole winning thing or being in the top 3, you'd have to be a Gotthard to understand:)
So as the show wrapped up and Kelly and I went to
hook up the truck and trailer, the trailer battery was dead, and we couldn't hook up, needless to say after an hour or so we broke down and Kelly went hiking for help. Finally getting us hooked up and being nearly the last person to leave. The ride home was rather uneventful and we made it home safe and sound with one less horse in the trailer and another blue ribbon to add to Indy's wall:)

1 comment:

  1. Katie, this is Paige from way back when. :) I am so happy I found your blog! I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering what you were up to! Crazy that I found your blog now. So anyway, I have a blog too...paigenelsen.blogspot.com. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete