6/18/09

Chattahoochee Hell....(Hills) 5/15-17/09


So you can imagine how thrilled I was that all 3 of my mares were qualified for Area 3 Championships....and how devastated I was when I found out it fell over the same weekend as my brothers graduation! After much thought and who knows probably the worst but best decision ever I decided to go trench through Championships all by myself! I think I was even a little more crushed when Fanny came up with a severe stone bruise and I had to pull her out of the competition and so it was just up to Indy and Tainy!
We arrived their with not much complication besides a little traffic that had us delayed but I was able to ride, teach Emily and bath and braid all the horses.
Friday was not a bad day, all the championship classes rode their dressage and Indy of course being Indy knocked them all dead with a 24% right in front of Jonathan on his super nice Trekhaner gelding as usual just barely though, Tainy's dressage was nothing to write home about but their were 25 riders in her Prelim Champ class and after Dressage she was in 13th so I really couldn't complain if I would have been a little more demanding she would have been in the top 6 atleast!
Saturday was a wet and ugly day and even though I had walked the Prelim course 3 times I was still so nervous and I missed my mom terribly:( I called her balling before my ride it was the toughest course Tainy had seen and I wasn't sure how she would react so my neice Grace said a prayer for me and I did a lot of praying myself and had the BEST ride of our lives the pictures say it all!!!
She was perfect at every jump!!! This moved her up to 10th place not bad out of 26 in a championship class:)
I was not to concerned on Indy's course she's pretty solid around cross country but she was actually a little sticky in fact she jumped one jump saw the water on the other side and stopped jumping, and just sat on top of the jump I kicked and screamd and sure enough she went over and through the water keeping us in 1st place!!





My little rider Em had a decent dressage test on Saturday but shocked them all with 1 of the only double clean Stadium rounds I was SO proud of her and the rider she is becoming, she was also double clean on Sunday and ended up 4th!!! Go EM!!

Sunday was the day of Chatt Hell! But I am going to make this long story short, loaded all 3 horses to head over to the show for the final phase of stadium (I was takin Sollte along as a spectator) and the truck wouldn't start, jumped it, it died, jumped it again and it went but Margaret (who knows where I would be in this world without her she is the most amazing friend in the whole world!) she thought it was the alternator so she hooked her trailer up and decided to follow along, good thing cause she was right the alternator went out! So we unloaded Indy and Tainy on the side of the road in her trailer and she stayed with Sollte waiting for help, who came in the form of another amazing friend Melissa you rock my world!
I was able to make it there in time to ride my score would not be pinned and counted but I would be able to use it for qualifications for later competitions (3-Day) She had no warm up but she was a freakin rockstar in show jumping as well with only 1 rail! Love that horse! She is the best thing sense sliced bread and iPods!

So after a great ride on Tainy Indy went in for what was a rather ugly Stadium ride (I'm sure rider error as Mike told me as I came out of the ring) We pulled 1 rail giving us 4 penalty points that I didn't have to give so Jonathan went into the ring with a smile on his face 'knowing' he had just won, only to pull the exact smae rail I did! (Thanks Jonathan) So Indy is now officially the 2009 USEA Area 3 Novice Horse Champion! (No real surprise there:)
Sorry it took me 2 months to get this posted I had to wait till I could afford the pictures and find time to do it all:)


Let's just say that Indy winning was the only highlight of the weekend with a broken alternator, wreck on the way home and an oil leak! What a nightmare, maybe I should have gone to the graduation lol!

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 16, 2009

    Just wanted to say I Love you and think you are the best hope all your dreams come true and all that you do with the horses is just amazing
    and that is coming from the heart of an old beat up tried horseshoer. I read you blog all the time.
    Love you
    Dad

    ReplyDelete