3/2/09

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly


Tainy on Cross Country (and to think she used to HATE water) Don't blow this picture up or you'll notice my eyes are down woops:)

This weekend was my horse show at Fort Rucker. Little Emily Sealy came down and was entered in Beginner Novice Junior. I had 2 horse competing Indy in Beginner Novice Sr. and Tainy at her very first Prelim also my first Prelim in well umm....like 5 years! The bad thing about riding Prelim is sense it's a higher division you always have the earliest ride times for dressage! Needless to say it was for the better this time our dressage went well and she was in 2nd after dressage then it was Em's turn for dressage so I warmed her up and she warmed up BEAUTIFULLY! I've never seen her ride so well or her pony look SO GOOD! Finally it was her turn and she was about to enter the ring when it started thundering and lightning and they called the show on hold. That's where the whole day went askew! By the time the show started again I had to ride cross country and Em had to rush back into the ring with no help and through all the mayhem was not able to regain what she had in warm up for her test unfortunately. I was off on my first Prelim cross country in 5 years and Tainy's first Prelim ever and she was WONDERFUL! Except I missed jump 16! Unbelievable I was eliminated! I was so happy with her though that I couldn't event kick myself in the butt! There's always next time and now I know she can do it:)
I jumped off Tainy and was up to ride Indy Dressage which would have been beautiful had we not been hit with a golf ball 2 times but the judge was very understanding and we still received a very low score of a 27% putting us in 2nd place!

Here's a beautiful picture of Indy doing what she does best...Being Beautiful Of Course!

Indy on Cross Country A Jumping Star

Meanwhile my mom had to literally RUN the cross country course with Emily before she rode while Margret and I tacked up her pony and Indy for cross country cause they kept changing the times on us due to the storm. What a disaster! Poor Emily missed the last jump on course unfortunately and was also eliminated, but she and I were both given permission to Show Jump on Sunday which was nice.


Here's Emily on Cross Country on her adorable pony:)

I had no time to walk Indy's course so my wonderful mom told me the course the best she could and I set out on Indy to have a wonderful ride and not miss a single jump:) Maybe I shouldn't have walked my other course lol:)
We awoke to snow flurries on Sunday for show jumping and miserable cold! But the day was a success Emily show jumped absolutely beautifully, Indy was a star as always and finished on her score of 27% keeping her 2nd place and Tainy had one of the most beautiful show jumping rounds ever!


Need I really say anything look how beautiful she is? My baby girl!

I know for some of you this boring and/or makes no sense so hopefully the pics and video make it a little better for the horse illiterates out there:) Unfortunately my mom forgot to push record on Indy's show jumping so all I have is Tainy's. Although it's no question who's the favorite child in this barn:)


This is Tainy's Show Jumping Round


1 comment:

  1. And Katie suddenly decides to let Audrey know! Geez, where have you been?!

    ReplyDelete