3/2/09

Chiquita



Chiquita my little Chihuahua who has been the apple of my eye sense the day we got her my Junior year in HS. She turned 8 this year on my brothers birthday Dec. 27th and we have had her longer then any dog now so I just had to do a little tribute to her because she is so precious and has been such an inspiration to many (Ashley who now has Jez and the Sealy's who now have Batman both chihuahua). Quita is sure she was supposed to be my moms dog; she absolutely adores my mom and Margaret but still loves me from time to time! She is like no other Chihuahua she's a total barn dog and loves to jump the cross country jumps and thinks she owns any horse show we go to! She has tolerated plenty of children through out the years with only a bite here or there (sorry Grace). She was a companion to my Grandfather in his last year as well. She has lived in 4 different states (more then most people). She's quite the dog I must say; she is the best driving partner, my favorite cuddle partner and my very own space heater! Love you Quita!

This is when my Grandpa had her and she lived on cheeseburgers! She went from 6lbs to 11.5 lbs while he owned her she is now down to 8lbs:)


Quita at the horse show helping herself to the horses water bucket



Quita all packed up in Giles suitcase ready to go (she'll make a bed out of anything confy and warm)


I love this picture, on the ride home from a horse show exhausted, the spoiled little princess, with her pillow and a down comforter; life doesn't get much better then this. In my next life I'm coming back as a chihuahua!

No comments:

Post a Comment