1/26/09

Rocking Horse Winter 1 HT

So I'm not sure I even want to write about this disastrous weekend! I should have stayed home! I guess these are the weekends they call learning weekends I think all I learned though is that I really don't like losing! LOL! No in all honesty I guess I will admit it was a good training weekend for all my babies and I did learn a lot (I just wish knowledge wasn't so darn expensive!) So enough of my rambling let me tell you how the weekend went! And we did get some fun pictures and video so enjoy!
So the weekend started with a late departure on Friday of course! Only to arrive near dark with 4 horses and just my mom and I! I had entered 3 horses in the event Tainy, Fanny, Indy and also my mom was riding her pony Phillipe, I think I was nuts man oh man I had no idea what I was in for or how amazing my mother truly is! If we weren't on a horse we were getting another ready to ride or feeding or cleaning their stalls or wrapping their legs on Sat I don't think we ate until around 4, there was no time to eat! We needed a groom but unfortunately that's one of those luxuries we have yet to have! Thank god for my mom!

Fanny's did PT (Preliminary Dressage and Show Jumping with Training Cross Country) and she was quite a disappointment for the weekend stopping at the ditch on Cross Country! That little bugger! But i did realize that she needs a good solid year at Training before she is ready for Prelim, that Show Jump course proved to be a bit of a struggle for her, she's still young, only 5 coming 6, so she has time!

Tainy I was actually quite happy with she did the PT division as well and was in 4th after Dressage and Show Jumping, and had no problem with the Prelim Show Jumping, unfortunately though she did have a stop at the water a roll top into the water and so that moved us way down she went right in the 2nd time though, considering that is her 1st Training ever and I used to not be able to even get around a course at ALL last year I was very happy with her she was bold and brave and loved every minute of the rest of the course! She will move right up to Prelim this year I suspect!

Indy was a good girl considering this was her first event EVER! She behaved in the dressage ring and only tried to jump out of the ring once! :) Her show jumping was BEAUTIFUL except for the fact that i missed jump #8, I was so exhausted by that point i guess my mind just quit functioning lol:) They let us ride cross country and all was good but like her mother she was not so sure about the water, but was brilliant and loved the rest of the course!

My mom did not have the greatest weekend with a bit of a fussy pony, she had a beautiful show jump round double clear and came out of the start box on cross country a little hesitant and nervous and that naughty little pony stopped at the 1st jump! His first stop EVER on cross country (I think they were both a little nervous) cause the rest of their course was great!


So while usually coming home with at least a blue ribbon or two and a 4th or 5th we came home empty in the ribbons this time! UGH!!!! But we did not come home empty handed with gained knowledge for me, my mom and each of the horses as well as some sore muscles and aching joints:) All said and done I had fun, I love my babies and they are still learning I have to remind myself they're all still young and green and we'll get it together eventually I know it!
I am so blessed and so fortunate to have such nice horses and have the ability and the opportunity to compete and show them also to have such supportive and loving family and friends I couldn't do this without y'all! Thank You!
Enjoy the little video clip of my mom on her pony on cross country sorry it is a little shaky I was exhausted and a little nervous for her! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment